How can I optimize the performance of my battery?
All Legend eBikes electric bikes are powered by lithium batteries. To recharge the battery, plug the charger into the socket. You will notice that the indicator light on the charger turns green, indicating that the unit is working properly. Aside from the recharging, these batteries do not require any other maintenance. To extend the life of the battery, do not keep the bike in places where the temperature may possibly drop below zero degrees or exceed 50°C.
- Do not wait until the battery is completely empty before recharging it. Keep in mind that the more often you charge your battery, the greater the performance you will get from it.
- Keep the battery at 50% of its charge.
- Store it in a cool, dry place and charge it at least every two months.
- Be careful not to store the battery fully discharged or fully charged for long periods of time.
- Keep the battery half charged if you are not using your Smart eBike for a long period of time.
- Due to the natural self-discharge rate of Lithium-Ion cells, you should check the charge level approximately every 2 months and, if necessary, apply a 30-minute charge.